MRE Lite Case of 12
Meal Ready to Eat Heaters included
Features & Specs of the MRE Lite per meal
- Fully cooked, ready to eat meals
- 600 - 900 Calories per complete meal
- No water or refrigeration required
- Weightless configuration and design.
- Light in calories • Extended Shelf life
- Lot number (pack date) embossed on bag and printed on case
- 12 meals per case with 6 menus per case so that you get 2 of each menu
- Heaters included in each meal
- 48 Cases per Pallet (48 x40 x 48H)
Component details of the MRE Lite
- Entrée: Variety of beef, chicken, pork or vegetarian optionsEntree
- Bread item Crackers, breads or tortillas
- Spreads Peanut butter and jelly Snack
- Snack Nut raisin mix, dry fruit mix, corn nuggets or others.
- Dessert Brownies, dessert cookies or others
- Accessory kit including Spoon, napkin, salt, pepper, hot sauce and moist towelette.
What is the shelf life of an MRE?
They can have a shelf-life of up to 5 years prior to inspection date when stored at 80 degrees F. After such time, the meals are subject to inspection and may still be good to eat. They are no longer guaranteed to maintain nutritional value and taste, but will not go bad for a long time after. We find that MRE's are usually good to eat much longer if stored property.
"The above storage data and time periods were based on “acceptable taste” measures, which is a subjective standard that may vary among each individual. Test participants were asked to indicate which products they were presented would be rated to still be of “acceptable taste”. Responses were noted, and average values were calculated to yield the data above. The resulting data does not indicate the maximum useful life of MRE food products. This information is provided as a general indication of the effects of storage temperature on MRE-type packaged foods and not necessarily a guarantee from the manufacturers."